According to RPS-2015 APGLI Premiums Enhanced vide GO.--- Fin Dept Dt.---- . All teachers have to Submit proposal forms whenever the APGLI premium is increased to obtain additional policies.The State Govt. employee can contribute maximum premium upto 20% of the basic pay, irrespective of slab rates.
Existing Slab Rates
Revised Slab Rates
|Monthly Premium Rs.|| |
|Monthly Premium Rs.|
|Pay from Rs.6700 to Rs.8440|| |
Pay from Rs.13000
|Pay from Rs.8441 to Rs.10900|| |
Pay from Rs.16401
|Pay from Rs.10901 to Rs.14860|| |
Pay from Rs.21231
|Pay from Rs.14861 to Rs.18030|| |
Pay from Rs.28941
|Pay from Rs.18031 to Rs.25600|| |
Pay from Rs.35121
|Pay from Rs.25601 and above|| |
Pay from Rs.48601
APGLIIntroduction : · The APGLI Department is one of the oldest departments in the State. The Scheme was originally started in 1907 by the Nizam of erstwhile State of Hyderabad for the welfare of his employees. A Management Committee used to run the scheme initially in the name of Family Pension Fund. Later the scheme was renamed as Hyderabad State Life Insurance Fund in the year 1913. · After formation of Andhra Pradesh state in 1956, the scheme was changed as "Andhra Pradesh Government Life Insurance Fund". The first Managing Committee meeting after formation of Andhra Pradesh State consisting of 4 members, one Secretary and a President was held on 25-9-1957 and Sri B.Gopala Reddi, the then Honorable Finance Minister was President of the meeting. · APGLI Scheme is a Social Security Measure for the welfare of the Government employees and is mandatory for all Government employees and provincialised Local Body employees. · APGLI Department is under the Administrative Control of Finance Department. Re-Organization 1. Till 1976, there was only one office at Hyderabad. 2. During 1976, the department was reorganized by opening four Regional Offices, one each at Hyderabad, Warangal, Vijayawada and Kurnool. The following were the Regional Offices' jurisdiction: Districts under Hyderabad Regional Office: · Hyderabad · Ranga Reddy · Medak · Nalgonda · Nizamabad · Mahaboobnagar Districts under Warangal Regional Office · Warangal · Khammam · Karimnagar · Adilabad
Districts under Vijayawada Regional Office · Srikakulam · Vizianagaram · Visakhapatnam · East Godavari · West Godavari · Krishna Districts under Kurnool Regional Office · Guntur · Prakasam · Nellore (now Sri Potti Sriramulu Nellore District) · Kurnool · Kadapa · Anantapur · Chittoor 3. The Regional Offices were closed during 1998 and the Department was again reorganized by the Government, by opening (23) District Insurance Offices in place of the four Regional Offices, one in each District Head Quarters, except Krishna at Vijaywada, in order to go nearer to the policyholders for rendering better service. 4. The District Insurance Offices have only one Gazetted officer either Assistant Director, Deputy Director or Joint Director, in each District Insurance Office who will head the Office, followed by non-gazetted staff.
IMPORTANT NOTE:All the Policy Holders are hereby requested to submit the following information while submitting applications for sanction of Loan/Settlement of Claim cases for making payment online & sending SMS. 1).Employee I.D Number. 2).Mobile Number. 3).Xerox copy of First page of Saving Bank Pass Book to be enclosed to the application duly containing the following. a).Showing Bank Account number b).Bank branch name c).IFSC Code Otherwise such aplications will be objected without processing in future.
For issue of Policy:-Mobile Number may please be mentioned in Proposal Form for sending SMS for fresh/enhanced policy number details.
First Pay - First Premium - First Proposal:The Govt. vide G.O.Ms.No. 199 Finance(Admn.II) department dt-30/07/2013 the Govt. have removed the condition of requirement of one year service from the date of issue of Orders.These Orders are effective for the Policies issued w.e.f 01/08/2013. The Drawing and Disbursing Officers concerned are therefore requested to recover the compulsory premium of A.P.G.L.I. amount which was prescribed in the Government orders from time to time to deduct the compulsory premium from the date of payment of first salary soon after he/she jains the Government service without waiting for comletion of one year service, who are in the insurable age of 21-53 years.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER
- Submit proposal forms whenever the APGLI premium is increased to obtain additional policies.
- Proposal form has to be submitted before (53) years of age.
- APGLI policies do not lapse.
- The premium rates are low.
- APGLI premium is exempted from income tax under Section 80C.
- Attractive bonus rates.
- The State Govt. employee can contribute maximum premium upto 20% of the basic pay, irrespective of slab rates.
- The Government enhanced the Insurable Age from (48)years to (53)years vide G.O.Ms.No.16 FINANCE (ADMIN.II) DEPARTMENT Dated:17-02-2011.
- The Government Extended Andhra Pradesh Government Life Insurance Scheme to the Municipal Employees including Municipal Teachers except the employees of GHMC,GVMC and VMC vide G.O.Ms.No.25 FINANCE (ADMIN.II) DEPARTMENT Dated:03-03-2011.
- The Govt. vide G.O.Ms.No. 199 Finance(Admn.II) department dt-30/07/2013 the Govt. have removed the condition of requirement of one year service from the date of issue of Orders.These Orders are effective for the Policies issued w.e.f 01/08/2013.
- Click here to download GO. copy GO.16 Dt.17-02-2011 Government enhanced the Insurable Age from (48)years to (53)years
- Click here to Download GO.copy GO.199 Dt.3-7-2013 commencement of the premium deduction from the date of payment of first month salary
- Click here to Download GO copy-GO.25 Dt.3-3-2011 Govt Extended APGLI Scheme to the Mipl Emplys including Mpl Teachers except the emplys of GHMC,GVMC and VMC
- Click here to Download GO.copy-GO.26 Dt.22-2-1995 Enhancement of Premium upto 20% of the basic pay, irrespective of slab rates